MAKE BETTER STUFF (MBS) is about the future of stuff–about how and where it’s made and distributed and by whom. It is run by designer and educator Xanthe Matychak. MBS began as a TEDx Talk in 2011 and evolved into a blog and workshop series in 2012. In 2015 and 2016 we were invited to The White House Office of Science and Technology, received several grants for developing physical products, and we’re teaching Make Better Stuff courses at university and the local makerspace.
Make Better Stuff design principles:
- Make Stuff that Strengthens Relationships
- Hire and Support Diverse Talent
- Celebrate Nature, Celebrate Culture
- Make it Accessible
- Make it Easy to Upgrade and Repair
- Manufacture in Low Batches
- Source and Distribute Locally
Have a look around this site and get in touch. Let’s make something amazing together.